lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Peter W. <pe...@marketingbrokers.com>
Subject Re: In memory MultiSearcher
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 21:46:03 GMT
Erick,

Thanks for the reply, this is a web application.

If you want to serve image files in a scalable fashion
on the Internet you make Apache serve them from
memory, not the filesystem.

For databases, some sites use a distributed object
memory caching system such as memcached.

I was hoping the idea translates to Lucene and
was trying to overcome reading multiple indexes
from attached disks into main memory on one
machine first, then across a balanced farm.

I think what you are saying is use FSDirectories and
the regular built-in Lucene caching provided instead.

Let's give that a try in the servlet init() method!

Regards,

Peter W.