lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optional terms in BooleanQuery
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 09:04:34 GMT
Sorry, didn't mean to imply that that whole spiel was a technical
explanation...just a "how I like to think of it" to get my head around
the BooleanQuery system. If your reading that, think high level overview
more than technically accurate. I'll be more specific in the future --
as always, the javadocs are the best place to get down to the nitty gritty.

HitCollector:
  /** Called once for every non-zero scoring document, with the document
number
   * and its score.

TopDocCollector (used by Hits and returned by a Searcher) does ensure
scores are greater than 0. If you roll your own HitCollector, you
shouldn't need my thoughts on how I think of BooleanQuery's.

- Mark