lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Colella <stefan.cole...@saint-paul.lu>
Subject search result problem
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 12:12:00 GMT
Hello,

My application is working with PDF files so i use lucene with PdfBox to
create a little search engine. I am new to lucene.

All seemed to work fine but after some tests I saw that some expressions
like "stock option" where never found (or returns the wrong documents)
even if it exist in my PDF files. I searched in the mail archive and
found that I have to use the "French Analyser" but that didn't work too.

I found that there is a tool named Luke to check the lucene index. I
could see that the original text contains those words but nothing in the
tokenizer.

Anybody who can help or can explain where I can start to look ?

thanks