lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak (JVM 1.6 only)
Date Tue, 15 May 2007 11:36:48 GMT
I don't have much help to offer other than to say I am also using a
tweaked version of the IndexAccess code you are, with java 1.6, with
hundreds of thousands to millions of docs, at multiple locations, for
months -- and I have not seen any memory leaks. Leads me to think the
leak may be with your code and not any Lucene code...

I will mention that the IndexAccess code does not handle multi-searchers
very well without some adjustments, but even that should not cause a leak.

Keep playing with the Netbeans profiler...if it really is a leak, you
aught to be able to find it.

- Mark