lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using wildcardsearch in phrase search
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 14:12:20 GMT
I do not know enough about PhraseQuery to say how hard it would be to
add support for wildcards, but I am sure there is some method of doing
it -- it has just not been done. From what I can tell it would be easier
to stop using PhraseQuery and use SpanQuery's if you wanted to do this.
Maybe someone more knowledgeable about PhraseQuery could elaborate on
some of the difficulties of adding wildcard support...then again I think
you may find discussion of this if you search the archives.

- Mark