lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using wildcardsearch in phrase search
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 23:24:05 GMT
Well I am confused so I suppose I'll let someone else give it a shot.

Just in case though...if you are using the query: fieldname:"MusicIP Puid*"
Then you should not...you need to leave out the quotes...quotes create a
phrasequery, and a phrasequery will not match what is in your index.
This may end up being the problem though...without the quotes, the space
will be treated as the default operator -- you may need to write your
own super simple parser that suits your needs instead...you don't want
the space to act as a default operator but as a normal token character.

Then again, I am not sure if you are using those quotes or not...

- Mark