lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem using wildcardsearch in phrase search
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 21:38:59 GMT

Paul Taylor wrote:
> Mark Miller wrote:
>> "MusicIP PUID*" means to search for MusicIP within one of PUID*
> Sorry I dont understand, can you give me a further reference
>
>> ...I am pretty sure that KeywordAnalyzer does not split on whitespace
>> like WhiteSpaceAnalyzer does...which means that MusicIP is never
>> within one of PUID*..."MusicIP
>> PUIDa39494bf-927e-1638-fb06-782ec55ac22d" is one whole token.
>>
> I use keyword analyser for both creating the index and parsing the
> query, I was hoping that MusicIP Puid* would be treated as one thing
> when I search

Didn't you say you where using a phrasequery? If you are, things will
not work as expected. You need to leave the quotes out of your search as
a phrasequery will not match what you are putting in your index. If you
are not using a phrasequery then things should work as you would expect.
Can you provide any other info?

- Mark