lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: IndexReader.isCurrent very slow in 2.1
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 01:19:13 GMT
Chris,

I have optimized our index directories using the compound index format.
I have also moved the index directories for testing purposes local to
the search process (before it was over network and shared NTFS file
system).

Now the time for getting the isCurrent information is negligible, i.e.
less than 10 millis per call.

Thanks for your input.

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:03 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: IndexReader.isCurrent very slow in 2.1

: Are there are large number of files in your index directory?

and is there any correlation between the number files matching segment*
and the time isCurrent taks?

it would also be handy to know what filesystem you use as well ...
directory listings may be more expensive on some filesystems then
others.

-Hoss