lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject RE: IndexReader.isCurrent very slow in 2.1
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 20:46:12 GMT
We have everything on Windows NTFS.  Our index folders are on a server
and accessed via shared drive.

I haven't optimized the folders yet but after doing optimization on a
test folder I noticed that we have very little files left.  That might
help.

I am going to optimize all folders now and then will come back with more
information.

Andreas

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hostetter [mailto:hossman_lucene@fucit.org]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2007 11:03 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: IndexReader.isCurrent very slow in 2.1

: Are there are large number of files in your index directory?

and is there any correlation between the number files matching segment*
and the time isCurrent taks?

it would also be handy to know what filesystem you use as well ...
directory listings may be more expensive on some filesystems then
others.

-Hoss