lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <>
Subject Locking in Lucene 2.1
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 19:18:54 GMT
I am in the process to migrate from Lucene 2.0 to Lucene 2.1.

>From reading the Changes document I understand that the write locks are
now written into the index folder instead of the

In the "Apache Lucene - Index File Formats" document in section "6.2
Lock File" I read that there is a write lock used to indicate that
another process is writing into the index and that this file is stored
in the

This is confusing to me.  I had the impression all lock files go into
the index folder now.  And using the the is only local
and does not support access to shared index folders.

Do I miss something here or is the documentation not updated?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message