lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with the label
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 13:06:06 GMT
First, if you haven't already, get a copy of Luke and use it to examine
your index and see how your query parsed. The colon's ":" are part
of the Lucene query syntax, so I have no idea what now
contents:Sense:sense parses.

Second, what analyzers were you using both at index and query time?
Standard analyzer, for instance, lowercases the terms.

Third, take the time to read over the FAQ at

Fourth: have you tried query.toString() to see what
the results of the parse are? If so, please post it.

Best
Erick

On 5/26/07, STEFANOS STEFANOS <stefanos888888@yahoo.gr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>       When i tried to index a sense with name Sense:(the sense) with label
> contents: (contents:Sense:sense) i had a problem in the searching.Forexample when i had
as a query the Sense:sense lucene didn't return anything
> and when contents:Sense:sense returned many documents that they didn't
> contain the sense that i had in the query.
>       Is it normal this?Did i do any mistake or does lucene have a
> problem?I used the edition of the book in the case that is a problem of
> edition.
>

>   cheers,
>
>   Stefanos

> Χρησιμοποιείτε Yahoo!
> Βαρεθήκατε τα ενοχλητικά μηνύ ματα (spam); Το Yahoo!
Mail διαθέτει την
> καλύτερη δυνατή προστασία κατά των ενοχλητικών
μηνυμάτων