lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sorting direction
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 12:58:09 GMT
Would specifying "reverse" work, like

*Sort<file:///C:/lucene-2.1.0/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Sort.html#Sort%28java.lang.String,%20boolean%29>
*(String <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/lang/String.html> field,
boolean reverse)

where the field is your timeOfIndexing field?

You are guaranteed that document ID order is invariant, even though
the IDs may change. That is, for any two documents if doc1 was
indexed before doc2, docID1 < docID2.

Although I don't see any way to specify a sort object that
reverses the INDEX_ORDER... hmmmm...

Erick