lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CAD files, Images
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 13:21:25 GMT
No, you can only index text. It's the same thing as indexing HTML
documents or XML documents. You index "important stuff" from
the guts of the doc.

So, if you can get some text out of these docs, you can index *that*,
possibly along with page information that allows you to, say, display
the relevant page in the original CAD app.

But there's nothing in core Lucene that just takes a CAD doc and
"does magic" to index it that I know of.

Erick