lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: In memory MultiSearcher
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:46:44 GMT
Why are you doing this in the first place? Do you actually have
evidence that the default Lucene behavior (caching, etc) is inadequate
for your needs?

I'd *strongly* recommend, if you haven't, just using the regular
FSDirectories rather than RAMDirectories and only getting
complex if that's too slow...

I ask because I am searching FS-based indexes that are 4G with
no problem. The index *was* 8G and had only a 10% performance hit.

Best
Erick