lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: stop words, synonyms... what's in it for me?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:24:38 GMT
No, a phrase search it will NOT match. Phrase semantics
requires that split tokens be adjacent (slop of 0). So, since
"mainstrasse" was split into two tokens at index time, the test for
"is schöne right next to strasse" will fail because of the intervening
(introduced) term "main". Whether this is desired behavior or not is
another question.

You're right that asking for a non-phrase search *will* work
though.

Best
Erick