lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Very odd behaviour of FrenchAnalyzer with strings in capital letters
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 13:27:27 GMT
First have you gotten a copy of Luke to examine your index to see
what's actually indexed?

The default behavior is usually to lowercase everything, but I'm not
entirely sure if the French analyzer does this. But I suspect so.

Searches are case sensitive. To get caseless searching, you need
to put everything in the same case. This is usually done for you with
any of the standard analyzers, but check specifically.

Are you using the same analyzer at index AND search time?

Best
Erick