lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Indexing the ORACLE using lucene
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 13:02:04 GMT
Search the mail archive for Oracle, and there's lengthy discussion. The
short form is that you query your database, taking selected
data from it and add it to a Lucene document, then write the
document to your Lucene index. Repeat this for as many "documents"
as you need.

There are a large number of decisions to be made. For instance,
what constitutes a "document". Whether (or how much) to de-normalize
your data. etc. The question "how to create an index from an Oracle
database" is far too general to give any more specific advice.

Best
Erick