lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic analyzer resolving based on Locale
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 13:26:57 GMT
There is nothing canned that I know of. I'm also not sure how this
would be used. If you're using a single index, how are you going
to index, then search using these analyzers? Or is there some
other magic going on?

Consider your document with a field "text". If you index into this
field with different analyzers at different times (language based),
how can you trust your results no matter *what* analyzer is used
at search time?

Conversely, if you only use a single analyzer at index time, how can
you trust queries created with different languages against that
field?

Or am I completely off base and you have no intention of
putting more than one language in an index <G>?

Best
Erick