lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mohammad Norouzi" <>
Subject how to exact search?
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 14:20:25 GMT
Hi All
I want to search an exact phrase, for example field1:"This is a Text"
or by this query: field1:"Test"  returns the result that only contain the
word "Test" and not "Test one" or "Test two"

I have a page that build a query and finally send that query to a
I have a class extends from MultiFieldQueryParser and override getRangeQuery
to managing my range queries but there is something I cant understand when
the query is field1:Test  getFieldQuery() method will be called but when the
query is field1:"Test" (with double quotes) neither of methods will be

what happen when I use ( " ) in the query? and how can I catch it to use a
PhraseQuery to exact search?

Thank you very much

see my blog: