lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: optimization behaviour
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 20:24:13 GMT

10 maj 2007 kl. 21.28 skrev Yonik Seeley:

> Deleted documents are removed on segment merges (for documents marked
> as deleted in those segments).

> Due to the nature of an inverted index, it's impossible w/o going over
> the complete index looking for all references to that docid.

What about alternative solutions to avoid change of document numbers?
That would be an alternative solution for me. Perhaps something like
adding dummy documents, marking them deleted even after merge or so?
What would the effects or implications be?

I'll probably just hack something in there, but would of course
welcome a discussion on some sort of policy interface design.

--
karl