lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org>
Subject Searching on a Rapidly changing Index
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 09:22:05 GMT
I've built a Lucene system that gets rapidly updated - documents are
supposed to be searchable immeidately after they've been indexed.

As such I have a Writer that puts new index, update and delete tasks
into a queue and then has a thread which consumes them and applies them
to the index using one instance of an IndexModifier. So far so good.

However every new Search opens up a new IndexSearcher in order to make
sure that it gets new documents. The docs indicate is a big
performance penalty.

Are there any tips or tricks I can use to mitigate this?

thanks,

Simon