lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: stop words, synonyms... what's in it for me?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:04:16 GMT
On Monday 21 May 2007 22:53, bhecht wrote:

> If someone searches for mainstrasse, my tools will split it again to
> main and strasse, and then lucene will be able to find it.

"strasse" will match "mainstrasse" but the phrase query "schöne strasse"
will not match "schöne mainstrasse". However, this could be considered a
feature. Aynway, it will be difficult to use features that rely on the
term list, e.g. the spellchecker. It will not be able to suggest
"mainstrasse", as that's not in the index.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de