lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: stop words, synonyms... what's in it for me?
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 20:41:03 GMT
On Monday 21 May 2007 22:05, bhecht wrote:

> Is there any point for me to start creating custom analyzers with filter
> for stop words, synonyms, and implementing my own "sub string" filter,
> for separating tokens into "sub words" (like "mainstrasse"=> "main",
> "strasse")

Yes: I assume your document should be found both with "strasse" and with
"mainstrasse". You will then need to put main, strasse, and mainstrasse at
the same position (setPositionIncrement(0)). If you don't do that, phrase
queries will not work anymore as expected. Thus you need an analyzer,
modifying the string before they are put in Lucene is not enough.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de