lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: Simple, always do wildcard or fuzzy query
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 18:09:39 GMT
On Thursday 10 May 2007 23:09, bbrown wrote:

> I think this is a simple question; or dont know. Is there a way to
> automatically convert all tokens to wildcard query with any given input.

Either just append the "*" before you pass your terms, or extend
QueryParser and overwrite getFieldQuery() to return a PrefixQuery instead
of a TermQuery. One question is what is supposed to happen if there's
already a different operator like "~" at the end of the word.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de