lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Su.Cheng" <su.ch...@playstarmusic.com>
Subject Re: Improving Search Performance on Large Indexes
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 20:08:43 GMT
Hi Scott,

I met the same situation as you(index 100M documents). If the computer
has only one CPU and one disk, ParallelMultiSearcher is slower than
MultiSearcher.

I wrote an email "Who has sample code of remote multiple servers
multiple indexes searching" yesterday. If you have any suggestion,
please let me know.

Best regards.

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 11:38 -0700, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
> Scott,
>
> Yes, take your big index and split it into multiple smaller shards.  Put those shards
in different servers and then query them remotely (using the provided RMI thing in Lucene
or using something custom), take top N results from each searcher, merge those, and take top
N from the merged result set.

Su.Cheng <su.cheng@playstarmusic.com>