lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jolinar13 <jolina...@gmail.com>
Subject Very odd behaviour of FrenchAnalyzer with strings in capital letters
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 09:30:05 GMT

Hello,

I tried org.apache.lucene.analysis.fr.FrenchAnalyzer and I got strange
search results on strings in uppercase. (example : VEHICLE)
When I search the string (in lower case), I get no result. I get results if
I use "vehicle*" or "vehiclE", or "vehicLe" etc.

What is odd is that it affects only some of the strings, not all of them.
Anyone who has ever experienced this problem?

Thanks,
Florian