lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From makkhar <mkhar...@selectica.com>
Subject Re: Finding out which field matched for a query
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 05:21:10 GMT

Well, the approach you suggested is what we use now. We regex use pattern
matching to find the search term out. However, due to this we cannot use
some of the very sophisticated queries which lucene supports (like boolean
query etc). We sure can use highlighting to find out this information. But
highlighting is a very very heavy operation for wildcards. We work on really
large datasets, Hence we cannot use this approach. Any other ideas ?

Thanks