lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel Einspanjer" <deinspan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for a relevance score that could be considered stable across multiple searches with the same query structure?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:04:41 GMT
Not really.  The explain scores aren't normalized and I also couldn't
find a way to get the explain data as anything other than a whitespace
formatted text blob from Solr.  Keep in mind that they need confidence
factors from one query to the next.  With the explain scores, they can
have wildly different value ranges from query to query.  The reviewers
need to be able to see information about the top item of a particular
match. maybe in a layout along the lines of:

--     id     title
   title score     director                   director score     year
   year score     overall score
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
       A1    T3
                    Jonathan Mostow                             2003

         .3                                                  .7
                        1                  2.0
      B5    Terminator 3: Rise of the machines
    Mostow, J.                                      2003
      A1    The Kid & I
               Penelope Spheeris                           2005

          .6                                                  0
                         .1                 0.7
       B5    The Kid
                 Jon Turteltaub                                  2000