lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Re: How to index a lot of fields (without FileNotFoundException: Too many open files)
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:45:25 GMT

: However, it does not look like upgrading is an option, so I wonder if my
: current approach of mapping a property that a client app creates to one
: field name is workable at all. Maybe I have to introduce some sort of
: mapping of client properties to a fixed number of indexable fields.
:
: ...or modify the 1.4.3 code myself to get rid of norm files.

if you can't upgrade past 1.4.3, but you can modify 1.4.3 to change
things (like file formats), why not "modify" your 1.4.3 install to be a
2.1 install?

-Hoss