lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Modifying norms...
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2007 23:43:45 GMT

: Thanks Hoss. Suppose, I go ahead and modify Similarity.java from
: Should this work ?

it depends on your definition of "work" ... if that code is what you want
it to do, then yes: it will do what you want it to do.

: P.S. This is a very custom implementation. For the specific problem that I
: have, the lengthNorm
: is set to 1 (independent of numTerms).

if your length norm is always 1, why do you care what the norm values are?
are you using document and field boosts? ... if "no" then none of this
shoudl matter.  if "yes" then why not just change the boost values you use
to get the behavior you want instead of modifying the encoding mechanism?

-Hoss