lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: filter caching
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 00:03:25 GMT
: I have a question about filter caching.  I have a lot of QueryFilters
: that I use when searching that filter on a single field.  Sometimes
: alone I use them by themselves, but mostly I use them in some
: combination using ChainedFilter.  Does the caching take advantage of
: only the final filter that used in the query, or would a ChainedFilter
: (say 'A and B and C') make use of the cached versions of the single
: field QueryFilters A,B and C and just combine their bitsets?

the individual QueryFilter's cache themselves, if you want a ChainedFilter
composed of those QueryFilter's to be cached you should wrap it in a
CachingWrapperFilter.

-Hoss