lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: IndexReader method semantics
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 21:50:24 GMT

: I'm considering making a kind of IndexReader where each time terms() is
: called it might return a different sequence even though the reader
: hasn't been reopened.

okay *this* got my attention ... what are you working on?

: Would that kind of thing conceivably cause problems anywhere else in the
: framework?  Which is to ask, do other parts of the framework implement
: their own caching of the TermEnum, or is all the caching implemented in
: the reader and TermEnum implementations?

the only thing like this i can think of is some TermDocs freq caching in
TermScorer.

-Hoss