lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Out of memory exception for big indexes
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:05:32 GMT

: The problem I suspect is the sorting. As I understand, Lucene
: builds internal caches for sorting and I suspect that this is the root
: of your problem. You can test this by trying your problem queries
: without sorting.

if Sorting really is the cause of your problems, you may want to try out
this patch...

...it *may* be advantageous in situations where memory is your most
constrained resource, and you are willing to sacrifice speed for sorting
... it looks promising to me, but there haven't been any convincing
usecases/benchmarks of people finding it beneficial (other then the
original contributor)

if you do try it, please post your comments in the issue.

-Hoss