lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Kvailis <warthog...@yahoo.com>
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 16:35:27 GMT

Hey, all -
I'm pretty new to Lucene (2.0.0) and and having an issue with the
IndexWriter: if I set the boolean argument to 'true' it goes ahead and
writes indexes that turn out to be perfectly usable; taking the same exact
code and swithing the boolean to 'false' immediately throws a
FileNotFoundException for '.../segments', saying there's no such file or
directory.  I know it's there after the first run because I can see it on
the file system and search it.  Indexing with 'true' and then immediately
with 'false' produces the same result, so I don't think there's any
corruption coming from any searches.  It's not a big deal now, because the
size of the data itself is pretty small and doesn't get updated all that
frequently; that's going to change radically in the near future, so creating
new indexes every time someting changes will undoubtedly be a huuge pain in
the @$$ for the users.  Any clues will be a help and appreciated
accordingly...