lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Annona Keene <annonake...@yahoo.com>
Subject Explanation from FunctionQuery
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 14:58:11 GMT
I'm hoping someone can offer some insight into the FunctionQuery.  I've just discovered this,
and I think it's exactly what I've been looking for, but I'm having some trouble getting it
to work. I can create and execute the query, but if I try to see the Explanation, I get an
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException .  Can someone show me where I'm going wrong?

            Query query = parser.parse(newCriteria);

            LinearFloatFunction lff = new LinearFloatFunction(new IntFieldSource("num"), 1.0f,
1.0f);
            FunctionQuery fQ = new FunctionQuery(lff);

            BooleanQuery bQ = new BooleanQuery();
            bQ.add(query, BooleanClause.Occur.MUST);
            bQ.add(fQ, BooleanClause.Occur.SHOULD);

I'm using the FunctionQuery with a Query in a BooleanQuery, based on some information I found
on this list.  However, here's where I run into trouble:

//there's code here that executes the query and does other exciting things
ms.explain(bQ, hit.getId());

The ms is a MultiSearcher.  I read that java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException is usually
a result of a query not being in it's rewritten form. Is that my problem here? Any help you
could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ann

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/