lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Philipp Nanz" <phili...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I need the internal lucene's document id from Hits
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:38:49 GMT
That *is* the actual id in the index. There is no other.
You should be careful using it outside of Lucene though, because
Lucene may rearrange the document ids during optimization for example.

If you need an application id, add it as an additional stored field to
each document and retrieve that.

Hope this helps
Philipp