lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: multi user multi index?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 23:46:01 GMT
What's the aggregate size of all your user indexes? And how many
servers could you potentially spread the load across? What kind
of queries do you allow? wildcards? simple term? Arbitrary Boolean
expressions? What kind of throughput are you expecting?

Opening and closing a reader for each search is generally a bad idea,
but so is having up to 200,000 concurrently open IndexReaders. Are you
having performance issues? Why do you feel the need to change
anything?

I'm really asking for significantly more information from you in
order to be able to give any meaningful reply....

Best
Erick