lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: search-time boosting
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 15:29:47 GMT
I don't think index time boosts are the way to go. From a message on
this list that I printed out (from Otis? Yonik? Chris? someone who
knows waaaay more about this topic than I do, probably Chris given
the lack of capitalization <G>)....

'...index time field boosts are a way to express things like
"this documents title is worth twice as much as the title of most
documents" query time boosts are a way to express "i care about
matches on this clause of my query twice as much as i do
about matches to other clauses of my query"...'

So I don't think that index time boosts express what Ofer wants...

Erick