lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Craig W Conway <craigwcon...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Out of memory exception for big indexes
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:10:36 GMT
Would it be fair to say that you can expect OutOfMemory errors if you run complex queries?
ie sorts, boosts, weights...

My query looks like this:

+(pathNodeId_2976569:1^5.0 pathNodeId_2976969:1 pathNodeId_2976255:1 pathNodeId_2976571:1)
+(pathClassId:1 pathClassId:346 pathClassId:314) -id:369

My OutOfMemory error occurs like so:

Dumping heap to java_pid4512.hprof ...
Heap dump file created [71421503 bytes in 2.640 secs]
        at org.apache.lucene.index.MultiReader.norms(MultiReader.java:173)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery$TermWeight.scorer(TermQuery.java:69)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$BooleanWeight2.scorer(BooleanQuery.java:355)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:130)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.search(IndexSearcher.java:100)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.getMoreDocs(Hits.java:66)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Hits.<init>(Hits.java:45)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:45)
        at org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher.search(Searcher.java:37)

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/java-user@lucene.apache.org/1961376.html
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/java-user@lucene.apache.org/6362024.html