lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Craig W Conway <craigwcon...@yahoo.com>
Subject How many Searches is a Searcher Worth?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 17:25:27 GMT
I am using an RMI architecture for calling a remote service which uses an IndexSearcher in
its own JVM. I am starting the service with the following provisions for memory allocation
and garbage collection: java -server -Xmx1024m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC

After about 1000 search calls I start to run out of memory, and I have to close and re-open
the IndexSearcher, loosing any cached data and filters... Is there any reason why I shouldn't
be able to use my IndexSearcher forever, until I want to close it?

Thanks!

Craig