lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From nesrka sri <nes...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject multi user multi index?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:46:54 GMT

Hi,

   Iam currently working on indexing the documents present in a web based document management
system. The system currently has around 200,000 users and each user has approximately 10 to
100 documents.We currently have around 50 GB of data. The system should allow the users only
to search across his/her documents.

Currently our system is designed such that each user has a separate index. The index size
for each user is around 500KB to 5MB approx. For each document added by the user a indexwriter
is created and for each search by the user a indexreader is created. ( I think it may not
be a good idea). Can some throw some light on what kind of issues we might face with this
kind of setup?

Or should we have a single index. add unique user id as a field in each document. Search with
user id added as a filter.

Thanks,
nesrka