lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From escher2k <esche...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Modifying norms...
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 00:58:59 GMT

Essentially what I am trying to do is boost every document by a certain
factor, so that
the boost is between 1.0 and 2.0. After this, I we are trying to do a search
across multiple fields
and have a computation based purely on tf. Example -
if (field1)
  tf = some function
else if (field2)
  tf = some other function

Now the boost is getting rounded to 1.0, 1.25, 1.5 or 2.0 due to the norm is
stored, whereas I want more precision (e.g. 1.31, 1.45 etc). The boost is
used for ranking documents.

Thanks.