lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From xiong <xiong.xu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to customize scoring using user feedback?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 01:13:05 GMT
karl wettin <karl.wettin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 15 mar 2007 kl. 11.21 skrev xiong:
>
> > Just like google: the more user clicks of search results,
> >  the higher rank they are.
>
> Are you really sure Google does this? It would surprise me if they did.

I'm not sure, actually.
But using user feedback to improve the search results is good, isn't it?

> > How to implement this in lucene?
> >
> > I've read the javadoc of org.apache.lucene.search package,
> >  but still dont know how.
> >
> > Some sample code will be great.
>
> As far as I know, there is no such thing implemented. Mechanisms that
> change based on user input are commonly known as "adaptive". You
> might want to search for something like that. I would personally
> implement it as a second level scoring in a HitCollector. It might be
> tricky to get it optimized though.
>
> I hope this helps.

I searched on the net, and found your work statement in
'http://ginandtonique.org/~kalle/javadocs/didyoumean/org/apache/lucene/search/didyoumean/package-summary.html',
very interesting, how is it going now?

-Xiong