lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Roger Keays <roger.ke...@ninthavenue.com.au>
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 02:58:26 GMT
Hi there,

I'm trying to delete a single document by using its uuid field:

     uuid = new Term("uuid", item.getUuid().toString());
     writer.deleteDocuments(uuid);
     writer.close();

However, it appears that this operation is deleting *every* document,
whether the uuid matches or not. The uuid field is created with

     doc.add(new Field("uuid", item.getUuid().toString(),
             Field.Store.YES, Field.Index.UN_TOKENIZED));

and I can make queries like uuid:76 which return the correct document.
Is there something wrong with the way I am using deleteDocuments()? I'm
using lucene-2.1.0.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

Ninth Avenue Software