lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ryan Ackley" <ryanack...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextMining.org Word extractor
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:13:19 GMT
Sorry, I don't think there is any POI in my future :-) Long story.
Maybe I'll blog about it or something. Stay tuned.

I have another project that I'm interested in spending time on. Not
sure if it's going to be open source at this point but it will utilize
the textmining.org library so I plan on adding some new features and
maintaining it.

Tika is interesting. What I would like to see is an open source
competitor to Oracle/Stellent outside in
(http://www.stellent.com/en/products/outside_in/index.htm) This is
what Google and the big boys use to extract text from binary files and
convert to html. (think "View As HTML" in google search results.) This
was/is my pie-in-the sky vision for textmining.org. I think the lowest
tier pricing for Stellant is like $30,000 so there are probably users
ravenous for any competition.