lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From rubdabadub <rubdaba...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bzr branches for Apache Lucene/Nutch/Solr/Hadoop at Launchpad
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 11:42:56 GMT
On 3/22/07, Grant Ingersoll <gsingers@apache.org> wrote:
> Is the point of this that you can make "commits" to Lucene so that
> you don't lose your changes on trunk?

Not only that. But I can make as many local branch as I like ..for example
customer X, customer Y. This way I can support X and Y as they have
separate features .. All of the above can be done with SVN but its a pain
at least for me.

And off course work off line .. during summer .. under trees :-) and then update
the whole branch with main repo without loosing any changes. It just seems easy,
I have also had a case where I need to bake some part of Nutch and some part
Solr under one tree i.e. new project and still maintain that tree with
the original
repo. and i could do that just fine. Bazaar commands are like SVN commands
so its not much to learn either :-)

Regards