lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From jafarim <jafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Lazy field loading in
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:04:37 GMT
Hi
I am seeking for making use of the latest lazy field loading in lucene 2.1.
I store the orignal bytes of a document, say a PDF file for example, in a
special untokenized field in the index. Though there is enough facilities in
IndexReader class for lazy field loading, the search API in IndexSearcher
does not contain such facilities. Hence, the Documents I get from the
Hits.doc() would not benefit from the mentioned feature.
Am I missing an important point or this is a desired feature to go on the
todo list?
--Jafarim