lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Walt Stoneburner" <walt.stonebur...@gmail.com>
Subject Finding matched terms
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 15:57:50 GMT
When performing a query and getting a result set back, if one wants to
know which terms from the query actually matched, is Highlighter still
the best way to go with the latest Lucene, or should I start looking
at query term frequency vectors?

Just trying to find a non-expensive way of doing this without using
the explain() method as shown by the Lucene in Action book, which
appears to incur at least a full order of magnitude performance
penalty.

Searching http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-user/
seems to suggest the Highlighter.

What makes this interesting is that, technically, I don't need to know
where, nor how many times, a term was found in the resulting document,
only that it occurred.  Any way to optimize for this special case?

e.g., CAT OR DOG
animals.txt -- CAT, DOG
felines.txt -- CAT
canines.txt - DOG