lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Ignore Words Problem
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2007 07:00:49 GMT

What part of Grant and Karl's answers to you the last time you asked this
question wasn't clear?  have you tried it?

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Common-Words-ignoring-problem-p9550886.html
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-Common-Words-ignoring-problem-p9567881.html

: I want to be make sure, if this statement is Right or not?
: "I am using StatndardAnaylyzer for Indexing documents. Bydefault it ignores some words when
doing indexing. But when we search something, Lucene again include the ignore words in searching".???
: Myproblem is that:-
: I indexed a word document using StandarAnaylyzer. There are many words like "is am are that
the" which are ignored by the Lucene. And When i want to search a query which must search
all words given by user (AND query) then it does not return results. For example
: I want to search those documents which MUST have ALL these words "this is garden".  for
this i have made a AND query, but Lucene now gives result because "garden" is there but it
cannot find "is" and "this" word because they are ignored at indexing time. So what is the
better work around.
: Any help will be appreciated.

-Hoss