lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Fast index traversal and update for stored field?
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 18:31:11 GMT

: Sounds like there's nothing "out of the box" to solve my problem; if
: I write something to update lucene indexes in place I'll follow up
: about it in here (don't know that I will though; building a new,
: narrower index is probably more expedient and will probably be fast
: enough for my purposes in this case).

i suspect the main reason why no one has ever submitted a patch for doing
this (replacing stored values of documents) is precisely this reason --
as long as you have some unique identifier in each doc, it's really easy
to call out to some seperate data store to get additional stored values
for a set of docs once you've gotten them from Lucene.

-Hoss